Wisdom of the north

Monday, June 12, 2006

Up early in the AM again...
What’s happened to my internal alarm clock. It’s on the fritz again. 4:30 am and the thing goes off and I am ready for another rip roaring day filled with a half dozen mishaps.
For the life of me I can’t sleep past 5:30.
And it just not this year.

Each spring hits and that old alarm inside keeps firing away earlier each day as the mount of daylight increases. I think inside my head a small part is telling me not to waste time and like a squirrel let’s go on a nut hunt, you know bust your buns in the summer – sleep all winter.
Trouble is that by mid afternoon the tank runs out of gas and I have to slap myself silly to stay awake. Yesterday while I was working behind the counter in the Pro Shop at our golf course,the fog came in and I started to nod -off, even though I was checking some one in. It’s not very nice to snore in front of customers especially when they are the owner’s family.

Maybe if I stayed out later at night I’d sleep later in the morning? Ya that’s it… I’ll try this one out on Rosebud (the Mrs.) maybe she’ll bite on this one that is if I throw in a "It’s about my health deal…"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home