Wisdom of the north

Friday, June 16, 2006

Demo Clubs….
So I went into the Pro shop and asked if I could hit several of the new big mega-drivers. Our Golf Pro carries five brands. So out to the practice range I went with a huge bucket of balls and five drivers. The thought in mind was to find the right straw in the pile of pins. There has to be a club out there that will straighten out a monster slice that I’ve refined over the last 30 years.
I even took along a note pad and pencil.

This was to be a scientific logical test and I wanted to hit five balls per club and record each swing and where the ball went. The pro even gave me a tip on how to hit a straight one. He told me to try to use the same type of swing on each shot.

So I hit five balls with each club and made notes on each hit. Then I repeated the process. One of the clubs was even designed to overcome a slice problem (for balls headed due right). I didn’t even look at the brand before hitting, only afterward. There were different lofts and different flexes in the club shafts.

I was actually sweating after the 4th series of hits. I then returned the clubs went into the Pro Shop Demo bag and ordered a beer to review my note…….
Conclusion: it’s not the golf club but the golfer that’s the problem. As in life you can look good on the practice range but where it counts fall apart.
So as I play my next game, I still must remember to yell "FOUR" after each drive for I always practice safe club and use a club cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home